Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Piranha & Nordic Questions

Moderator's Edit:

Use this thread to ask questions for both PB or Nordic Games, and they will do their best to answer them!

Please leave your questions colored for us to find them more easily.

Also please keep this thread ONLY for questions, discussion should be done on recommended threads. Keep the questions on subject and as short as possible, do not ask the same question that has already been aswered (see the Answers thread for all asnwered questions in one place!)

I have gathered the best questions and added some more(IMO) that we would like some more info, if you can answer them offcourse that is.. It is in random order btw.

Thanks in advance! We are looking forward for your responses!
    Last edited by Kazko; 04-05-2016 at 14:00. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Innos View Post
    Hello,
    I have gathered the best questions and added some more(IMO) that we would like some more info, if you can answer them offcourse that is.. It is in random order btw.
    Good idea, Innos! I wait for reply!

Great idea! Waiting for answers. :>
    Polish ELEX Wikia
    First ELEX encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Innos View Post
    Hello,

So here we go:
    Thanks in advance! We are looking forward for your responses!
    Damn I've clicked on quote but only your sentence is quotable Ok have to fill in the questions manually.

Originally Posted by Q1
    None of the old PB games really had any deep moral choices and I wonder how will they be implemented in Elex. Can we expect something like in the Witcher games where the fate of characters and even the events of entire chapters will be influenced by your decision or will it be another Light Side/Dark Side thing like in Risen 3?
    Greetings! We give our best to implement quests where you have to choose carefully or something different will happen. In the past you had too many choices with the same outcome but now we try to change this so that your actions will have much more influence on the story progress. I cannot go into detail at this point but I hope you're a bit satisfied with this answer

Originally Posted by Q2
    Will Piranha Bytes keep their tradition or will they try something new in terms of character name?
    This question was answered by Jenny. She said: She knows the name of the protagonist

Originally Posted by Q3
    Will the game be on third person, first person or both?
    We like our third person approach.

Originally Posted by Q4
    Can u unvail a bit info about used tegnologies ?? New engin, DX9, 10 or 11 ?? Also which engine will you use for the game?
    I'm not very good with technical details (storywriter) but DX 11 it is. We use an improved version of our engine. Our programmers put a lot effort in it . Which additional tools we use I dunno (as I said I'm not very good with technical details)

Originally Posted by Q5
    On which period the game will be. Before the apocalypse? Middle ages, modern or futuristic?
    Sorry ... thats a question which will be answered later

Originally Posted by Q6
    Hi.
    Are you planning to release a demo of the game?
    I personally (!) have no information about a demo at this point.

Originally Posted by Q7
    Will Elex involve guns on the gameplay or only traditional premedieval weapons like swords,bows,shields
    I like traditional things but I also like the modern weapons we are going to implement. So yes u will find both

Originally Posted by Q8
    Any plans on Alpha-/Beta-Tests with community members in the future?
    I personally (!) have no information about an Alpha/Betatest at this point.
    Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Good one. I will update the first post with questions (also Innos can do that) so that both PB and Nordic can find them easily. Also the same with answers so users won't have to search entire pages for them.

Also users can use this thread to ask even more questions.

Sticky added.
    Last edited by Kazko; 05-07-2015 at 13:03.

Thank you for the nice thread! Also props for Harry being a fan of Jon Lajoie :P

Now a question just for the sake of remaining inthread:

Will the game feature, storywise, politics/religion and other real life controversial aspects (albeit fictional ones) or it will be centered around a single scope of the main hero (like saving the world from """destruction""")? In other words, will the game be more mature on its main path?

(I think the previous games were mature too, but the main storyline often involves standard fantasy stuff)
    Last edited by RoiDanton; 05-07-2015 at 14:43. Reason: question colored
    Hey you. Go play some Gothic!

Very good thread and thanks to Harry for taking his time to answer our questions.

1. Have you figured the combat system yet or are you stll working on it?
    2. Will there be magic in the game and if so, will it have a cooldown timer like in Risen 3 or will have a resource pool(ex:Mana) like in your older games?
    3. How many factions will be in the game?
    4.Will the ending depend on which faction you joined?
    Last edited by RoiDanton; 05-07-2015 at 14:42. Reason: questions colored

Quote Originally Posted by neicanimeni View Post
    1. Have you figured the combat system yet or are you stll working on it?
    2. Will there be magic in the game and if so, will it have a cooldown timer like in Risen 3 or will have a resource pool(ex:Mana) like in your older games?
    Man, how I wish runes can make a comeback alongside scrolls. I really loved that system! Also hope the combat to be something in the vein of G1&2 or R1. Great games. Tbh I still have to play Risen 3 (purchased 10 days ago) but from what I've read it's not so different from R2.
    Hey you. Go play some Gothic!

Too bad, because I don't like guns where swords exist...

Thanks a lot though for the answers! Keep em coming!

R3 isn't so different from R2 but it is better.Thing that i really hate there is voice actor.It sound like some dog is talking or so

And here are my questions.
    1.Is there going to be lock picking?
    2.Are there going to be dragons or trolls or something similar?
    3.Is there going to be dual wielding?
    Last edited by RoiDanton; 05-07-2015 at 14:42.

It would be nice if you color your question. So they can be find out very easily beside the other you wrote.

I already did it with the questions which were asked after the first answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cekkins View Post
    Man, how I wish runes can make a comeback alongside scrolls. I really loved that system! Also hope the combat to be something in the vein of G1&2 or R1. Great games. Tbh I still have to play Risen 3 (purchased 10 days ago) but from what I've read it's not so different from R2.
    I agree with you about runes and scrolls.As for the combat in Risen 3 they made some improvements and I personally didn't found it to be that bad. If I had any major complaints it would be that it was too easy. Still, the combat in the first Risen was the best in any of their games so I hope to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by neicanimeni View Post
    I agree with you about runes and scrolls.As for the combat in Risen 3 they made some improvements and I personally didn't found it to be that bad. If I had any major complaints it would be that it was too easy. Still, the combat in the first Risen was the best in any of their games so I hope to see something like that.
    If my memory serves me right, the combat in Risen 1 was the same as in Gothic 1 & 2

When did you start working on game?
    Last edited by RoiDanton; 05-07-2015 at 16:24. Reason: question colored

I have made a poll here, would you consider the result seriously?