Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    1. The gameplay video shows the robot passes through the container. Will this fix to be released?
    2. The video shows the same as distributing playing characteristics of glasses in the menu. So it will be in the game or it upraschenie demo?
    3. Will the flashlights?
    Last edited by Magurn; 19-02-2017 at 17:36.

Hi Jenny!

Elex graphics change much... I want to discuss about that...

I must say that I compare this your new gameplay:

(NEW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWRRdcDfYs
    With this older, but which had a same scanes:
    (OLD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arAP41ND-YY

And I have divided opinion about it. So:

1) In older demo build game has dark graphic tone and in new it has more bright colours, its like you delete this dark tone, so what will be at the end?

2) Grass has also changed much, I cant say is it better or worse, but will grass change again in future? Trees look worse than in earlier build...

3) Also ruins had diffrent wall texture, in new demo build it has new, will that change?

4) There is a fear that game could be downgraded at the end because of consoles, many developers do that in last years, show game than downgrade it. Will you fallow this trend?

5) Will game at the end look better than in this video,
    please look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHf-_3tOtE
    The atmosphere in this video, the feel, especially that awsome lighting, ALL is absolutly fantastic, why you change the game that much after this build? Why? And can you give us these same scenes from last build so we can compare it? If game look worse than in this video, that will be serious downgrade!

I mean, I dont want to tell you what to do, and how to do, but I fear... Changing game graphics could produce diffrent feel. And we alredy saw game and expectations are high. Dont dissapoint us.
    Last edited by Dovahkiin; 21-02-2017 at 11:27.

Will enemies pursue you for longer distances this time? In all games it's been too easy to escape enemies just by running. They don't make it difficult, since they give up quickly, wait for you to go a certain distance, then turn around. I would prefer it if they pursued you further, or you implemented a system like Metal Gear Solid's alert status, where after losing sight of you, enemies in a zone remain more suspicious and can spot you again more easily.

On a similar note, will enemies be able to sprint? Any PB game that allowed sprinting (G3, R2-3) meant that you could easily escape enemies just by holding down shift as much as possible. Since none of them could move at more than a jog, escaping battle when the tide turned was incredibly simple. Meanwhile, in Gothic 1 and 2, enemies were often faster than you or could at least keep pace, making escape much more difficult, so hit-and-run tactics were more challenging to pull off.

Hello!

1. Can you make a teleportation from relic to relic? Teleporting from anywhere is kinda strange. It is understandable if it would be a fast travel in the form of road signs or something like that.
    2. Are you planning to change animations? Or at least combat animations? For now it looks like fighting with the shovel in the backside
    3. Does AI of monsters and characters is still being developed?
    And a one question which bothers me since the announcement of Elex... 4. What will happen with Risen series?

Have a good day!
    Last edited by Chimalpopoca; 04-03-2017 at 09:20.

Hi everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Magurn View Post
    1. The gameplay video shows the robot passes through the container. Will this fix to be released?
    2. The video shows the same as distributing playing characteristics of glasses in the menu. So it will be in the game or it upraschenie demo?
    3. Will the flashlights?
    1. We're still bugfixing, many things that doesn't make sense can still be fixed.

2. I don't know, if i get you right, but there will be different glasses in the game, that can be used.

3. There are no "flashlights" planned, but there will be a solution for very dark areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Hi Jenny!

Elex graphics change much... I want to discuss about that...

I must say that I compare this your new gameplay:

(NEW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWRRdcDfYs
    With this older, but which had a same scanes:
    (OLD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arAP41ND-YY

And I have divided opinion about it. So:

1) In older demo build game has dark graphic tone and in new it has more bright colours, its like you delete this dark tone, so what will be at the end?

2) Grass has also changed much, I cant say is it better or worse, but will grass change again in future? Trees look worse than in earlier build...

3) Also ruins had diffrent wall texture, in new demo build it has new, will that change?

4) There is a fear that game could be downgraded at the end because of consoles, many developers do that in last years, show game than downgrade it. Will you fallow this trend?

5) Will game at the end look better than in this video,
    please look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHf-_3tOtE
    The atmosphere in this video, the feel, especially that awsome lighting, ALL is absolutly fantastic, why you change the game that much after this build? Why? And can you give us these same scenes from last build so we can compare it? If game look worse than in this video, that will be serious downgrade!

I mean, I dont want to tell you what to do, and how to do, but I fear... Changing game graphics could produce diffrent feel. And we alredy saw game and expectations are high. Dont dissapoint us.
    1. It's just because of the weather and daytime. So we're still working at the weather and the same area can look very different due to the time you're there.

2. We work permanently on the game and many parts still change till we're finished. What we can do is show what it looks like in the different stages and in the end you can see the result. So yes, the level department still works at many parts even vegetation.

3. I don't know exactly which parts will still change. Every department here is still working at the game. Sometimes we test things and then decide, what works best.

4. Definitely not. It's more like the opposite. We usually work like "functionality before visualization", so when everything works we take care to improve the visualization. All things that you can see are screenshots and gameplay from a current build. So you can have a look at the progress of development.

5. Don't worry. we didn't change this area. We just didn't finish all areas. There will be more gameplay and different landscapes, that you can compare. Just a little patience, we're working at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgannin View Post
    Will enemies pursue you for longer distances this time? In all games it's been too easy to escape enemies just by running. They don't make it difficult, since they give up quickly, wait for you to go a certain distance, then turn around. I would prefer it if they pursued you further, or you implemented a system like Metal Gear Solid's alert status, where after losing sight of you, enemies in a zone remain more suspicious and can spot you again more easily.

On a similar note, will enemies be able to sprint? Any PB game that allowed sprinting (G3, R2-3) meant that you could easily escape enemies just by holding down shift as much as possible. Since none of them could move at more than a jog, escaping battle when the tide turned was incredibly simple. Meanwhile, in Gothic 1 and 2, enemies were often faster than you or could at least keep pace, making escape much more difficult, so hit-and-run tactics were more challenging to pull off.
    Enemies will have different strategies, so some of them will follow you and some will try to shoot you. Some will even be able to use a jetpack. We're still working at AI and their behaviour to take care, that the game will be challenging, but not unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimalpopoca View Post
    Hello!

1. Can you make a teleportation from relic to relic? Teleporting from anywhere is kinda strange. It is understandable if it would be a fast travel in the form of road signs or something like that.
    2. Are you planning to change animations? Or at least combat animations? For now it looks like fighting with the shovel in the backside
    3. Does AI of monsters and characters is still being developed?
    And a one question which bothers me since the announcement of Elex... 4. What will happen with Risen series?

Have a good day!
    1. You can teleport with your adjutor (a tool in your arm) to every teleport, that is already activated.

2. We already changed a lot and still work at it.

3. Of course.

4. Risen is a brand of Deep Silver. We don#t know what will happen with it in future.

Best regards,
    Jenny

Hi

1) About size of the game. I dont understand this thing. Some of your team member said that game will be bigger than Gothic 3 "1.5" time.
    I clear ask: is that size of one Gothic 3 map and plus half more of that size, or its double map of Gothic 3 plus one half more?

2) Do you plan to change anything in game in this time before release the game?

3) I notice some glitches in the game (I have good eye ), like no shadows at some places, strange texture, a tree fly in air and so on. Will you fix that?

4) I know Elex is Elex, but what your past game is closest to him?

5) I saw one dinosaur-like creature, and later I saw same "robothic" version. So will they fight the same way or will they have diffrent resistances?

6) At 16:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wxqbueODHM (and in other gameplays too) I saw when troll smash the ground some things like stones bump from it and after some time they gone, it looks unimmersive, and belive me you dont need that effect.

7) Who is the voice actor of main protagonist in English version?

8) I know all regions in game as you describe it, but will there be some swamp enviorment in one of those regions?
    Last edited by Dovahkiin; 14-04-2017 at 13:29.

Crafting?

Hi, i want to get this, game, but i have som questions, please answer my if it is possible.
    1. Crafting
      What about crafting weapons, like gothic1 or gothic2 ?
    2. Cooking
      What about cooking like gothic1 or gothic2 ?
    3. Alchemy
      What about manage potions, like gothic1 or gothic2 ?

Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 my favorite games, even better tan skyrims witcher etc, i hope that elex will be more resembling to gothic saga.

last hope

we had "fallout 4"... now we have "mass effect andromeda" dont follow them... dont hurry please....
    ELEX is the last hope to see the good game in this year , maybe next year too ...
    i think we can wait for your best job
    if you will not be ready, when you want to finish ELEX, will you postpone the release of the game ?

Question Questions

Hi!

1. Have you considered adding elements like managing hunger, thirst and need to sleep to ELEX? Or something like climate affecting the gameplay like in Gothic 3 u had to have certain skill or armor in the deserts of Varrant or snowy mountains of Nordmar?
    Not necessarily on launch, maybe in future updates (like Fallout 4). Although I have to say that i don't know if it would really fit in the known and loved Gothic-like formula(regarding the hunger/thirst managing), but I would like to know your answer.

2. Question regarding the magic and spellcasting. Can you at least estimate how many "spells" will we have for our disposal? I have the Berserk spellcaster on my mind and just wondering if there will be as many spells as in Gothic 3 for example? Are you planning any summoning/conjuration "spells" (or some kind of special techniques/gadgets) for something like a robotic companion or something similar of Gothic skeleton summoning? Robotic parrot/monkey?

3. Regarding steam ELEX's page: is the language info there confirmed and final or will there be any changes to that? What I have in mind is: there have been rumors about ELEX getting a voiceover in Poland like the Gothic series. I don't really know if that is confirmed (can you say anything about that?) but if it would be true I wondered if it would be available on Steam or not (like Gothic series).

EDIT: My bad, I see that Polish language has been added to Gothic games on steam. (Long time since I played any Gothic game last time on steam, and shop page still reads Polish as unsupported, that's why I made that mistake. Although question still stands )
    Last edited by Mazil; 15-04-2017 at 10:16. Reason: Color update

Hello there! I have one question about your progress with this game. From what I have heard you are planning to release the game this summer, but the build of the game you keep showing is still in alpha. Can you really manage to go from alpha state to final product in like 4 months?

Hello Jenny & Co. ! Just a few odd Q's i happened to think of, i'm sure they're not difficult to answer.
    1. Have you thought of carrying over some familiar names onto Elex, like Diago, Gorn etc, will that work or not ? &
    2. Is smoking implicated ? With different types & different Xp bonus, can we make our own for small xp, sell, trade smokes ? Or does this not
    fit in with the setting ?

Cheers, looking forward to more stuff.

Hello! I just watched Elex prolog and few question raised in my head.

1. Will be more videos like this in game? I really enjoyed watching this prologue and i think videos like this are great way to fulfill the story. I know that in Risen 3 You have already tried to sum up the story between chapters, i think this is good way improve the game.

2. Since our hero have a name: Jax, will we be able to buy a lighthouse and live in that? Hero need a place to live anyway, and i just can't play new Piranha Bytes without a Jack living in a lighthouse, but Jax can do it too.

3. Will be in elex some easter egg connected to Samurai Jack? In Gothic 3 we had katana, in Risen 1 we had Don sword that was katana too. If in Elex hero will find katana, it would be awesome if he would say something like "Guess i am the samurai now. Samurai Jax... Why this sounds so familiar?"

4. Will game explain us why the strongest fraction decided to send only one man? I hope this isn't something like "our one man is stronger than all our enemies", but something more deep. They surely had to have something special planned.

5. Since prologue is released, i guess game is sooner than ever was. I should start saving money for collectors edition, and that rise another question... will we be able to decide what collectors edition will contain? You probably have some what to put in collectors edition, of course everything will not fit there.

I just hope that collectors edition will have artbook, steelbook and most important... figure that is not just hero standing, but something more out of the crowd. There is so many similar heroes figures that releasing another makes is look nothing special. Risen 3 had Shadow Lord figure and it was awesome, i hope Elex will get something special too.

Have a nice day! Thank You in advance for your replay.
    Last edited by xenonisbad; 21-04-2017 at 22:38.

Hello!

Why there won't be a possibility of taking weapons from defeated enemies and it will be possible only if it's planned? I can't figure it out

Have a nice day!

Hello everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Hi

1) About size of the game. I dont understand this thing. Some of your team member said that game will be bigger than Gothic 3 "1.5" time.
    I clear ask: is that size of one Gothic 3 map and plus half more of that size, or its double map of Gothic 3 plus one half more?

2) Do you plan to change anything in game in this time before release the game?

3) I notice some glitches in the game (I have good eye ), like no shadows at some places, strange texture, a tree fly in air and so on. Will you fix that?

4) I know Elex is Elex, but what your past game is closest to him?

5) I saw one dinosaur-like creature, and later I saw same "robothic" version. So will they fight the same way or will they have diffrent resistances?

6) At 16:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wxqbueODHM (and in other gameplays too) I saw when troll smash the ground some things like stones bump from it and after some time they gone, it looks unimmersive, and belive me you dont need that effect.

7) Who is the voice actor of main protagonist in English version?

8) I know all regions in game as you describe it, but will there be some swamp enviorment in one of those regions?
    1. It's as big as one and a half.

2. I'm not sure if i understand you right. It is usual to change, optimize, test and add things till we release the game in many departments.

3. Bugfixing isn't finished, of course, otherwise we could release tomorrow. We have different teams that test every new version of the game. This is one of the most important parts in the end of the production.

4. Elex will be a typical Piranha Bytes game. There will be a huge rough open world, many handmade locations, much to explore and some dickheads, who make their own plans. Besides this we added some older features, like factions to join, learning points, teachers, an unlimited inventory, daily routines for creatures and NPCs and many more.
    But Elex will also have a new and fresh setting and a new story with both fantasy and science fiction elements and many new assets and features, like hacking or a jetpack, for example.

5. Different creatures can have different strengths and weaknesses.

6. Many effects are still in development and can change.
    But other similar things are more important for us, like NPCs that got killed. There are many open world games, that use little bags to let the NPCs and creatures dissappear, but we like them to lie in the world, that you can loot them. Smaller things like dirt or shotholes will dissappear after some time, because we unfortunately cannot save everything in the memory.

7. Conor Hall. i think.

8. There will be some green and muddy areas.

Quote Originally Posted by foornesj View Post
    Hi, i want to get this, game, but i have som questions, please answer my if it is possible.
    1. Crafting
      What about crafting weapons, like gothic1 or gothic2 ?
    2. Cooking
      What about cooking like gothic1 or gothic2 ?
    3. Alchemy
      What about manage potions, like gothic1 or gothic2 ?

Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 my favorite games, even better tan skyrims witcher etc, i hope that elex will be more resembling to gothic saga.
    The mechanics will be similar, but not the same.

1. You can find many different melee and ranged weapons in the game. You can learn to improve your weapons and dependent on your faction you can enchant or modify them at a special interactive object.

2.+3. You can find different recipes in the world and learn alchemy and cooking. If you have all ingredients you can cook your own potions stims or stews. Besides this you will also be able to use campfires.

Quote Originally Posted by VITAL View Post
    we had "fallout 4"... now we have "mass effect andromeda" dont follow them... dont hurry please....
    ELEX is the last hope to see the good game in this year , maybe next year too ...
    i think we can wait for your best job
    if you will not be ready, when you want to finish ELEX, will you postpone the release of the game ?
    Elex won't be the next cinematic high end game, but it will be a great beautiful fantasy RPG with a handmade huge open world to explore, with much freedom and many different missions, characters and decisions. We didn't announce a release date, yet. But i'm sure you will get it in Q3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazil View Post
    Hi!

1. Have you considered adding elements like managing hunger, thirst and need to sleep to ELEX? Or something like climate affecting the gameplay like in Gothic 3 u had to have certain skill or armor in the deserts of Varrant or snowy mountains of Nordmar?
    Not necessarily on launch, maybe in future updates (like Fallout 4). Although I have to say that i don't know if it would really fit in the known and loved Gothic-like formula(regarding the hunger/thirst managing), but I would like to know your answer.

2. Question regarding the magic and spellcasting. Can you at least estimate how many "spells" will we have for our disposal? I have the Berserk spellcaster on my mind and just wondering if there will be as many spells as in Gothic 3 for example? Are you planning any summoning/conjuration "spells" (or some kind of special techniques/gadgets) for something like a robotic companion or something similar of Gothic skeleton summoning? Robotic parrot/monkey?

3. Regarding steam ELEX's page: is the language info there confirmed and final or will there be any changes to that? What I have in mind is: there have been rumors about ELEX getting a voiceover in Poland like the Gothic series. I don't really know if that is confirmed (can you say anything about that?) but if it would be true I wondered if it would be available on Steam or not (like Gothic series).

EDIT: My bad, I see that Polish language has been added to Gothic games on steam. (Long time since I played any Gothic game last time on steam, and shop page still reads Polish as unsupported, that's why I made that mistake. Although question still stands )
    1. There will be no hunger or thirst, but there will be poisoned, radioactive, hot or cold areas in the game and you can get different resistances, for example.

2. There will be berserker spells, alb spells and PSI skills that you can learn, but i don't know how many at the moment. There will be instant spells and fighting spells and yes, you can summon an ally, but this will depent on your faction. Every faction will have it's own skilltree.

3. The information is still a placeholder, if there will be any news, we will announce them at our sites, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanDado View Post
    Hello there! I have one question about your progress with this game. From what I have heard you are planning to release the game this summer, but the build of the game you keep showing is still in alpha. Can you really manage to go from alpha state to final product in like 4 months?
    We have some convention versions (like the pre alpha last year and the alpha now, that we can show at conventions, but of course we continue working at the game besides this versions. This is usual, because in development we need some constants. I'm still sure it will be Q3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbona View Post
    Hello Jenny & Co. ! Just a few odd Q's i happened to think of, i'm sure they're not difficult to answer.
    1. Have you thought of carrying over some familiar names onto Elex, like Diago, Gorn etc, will that work or not ? &
    2. Is smoking implicated ? With different types & different Xp bonus, can we make our own for small xp, sell, trade smokes ? Or does this not fit in with the setting ?

Cheers, looking forward to more stuff.
    Spoiler:
    You can find Jacks lighthouse, for example.

2. There are cigarettes in the game, but you can just sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by xenonisbad View Post
    Hello! I just watched Elex prolog and few question raised in my head.

1. Will be more videos like this in game? I really enjoyed watching this prologue and i think videos like this are great way to fulfill the story. I know that in Risen 3 You have already tried to sum up the story between chapters, i think this is good way improve the game.

2. Since our hero have a name: Jax, will we be able to buy a lighthouse and live in that? Hero need a place to live anyway, and i just can't play new Piranha Bytes without a Jack living in a lighthouse, but Jax can do it too.

3. Will be in elex some easter egg connected to Samurai Jack? In Gothic 3 we had katana, in Risen 1 we had Don sword that was katana too. If in Elex hero will find katana, it would be awesome if he would say something like "Guess i am the samurai now. Samurai Jax... Why this sounds so familiar?"

4. Will game explain us why the strongest fraction decided to send only one man? I hope this isn't something like "our one man is stronger than all our enemies", but something more deep. They surely had to have something special planned.

5. Since prologue is released, i guess game is sooner than ever was. I should start saving money for collectors edition, and that rise another question... will we be able to decide what collectors edition will contain? You probably have some what to put in collectors edition, of course everything will not fit there.

I just hope that collectors edition will have artbook, steelbook and most important... figure that is not just hero standing, but something more out of the crowd. There is so many similar heroes figures that releasing another makes is look nothing special. Risen 3 had Shadow Lord figure and it was awesome, i hope Elex will get something special too.

Have a nice day! Thank You in advance for your replay.
    1. There will be some cutscenes in the game, to tell you more about the main story and the past.

Spoiler:
    You will find Jack, too.

3. No. But you can find other easter eggs.

4. He was send for a special mission. More about it will be explained in the game...

5. Just a little patience. I don't think, that you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimalpopoca View Post
    Hello!

Why there won't be a possibility of taking weapons from defeated enemies and it will be possible only if it's planned? I can't figure it out

Have a nice day!
    You can loot enemies. But we want to give different enemies different kind of weapons (even better ones), to improve the fighting gameplay. The possibility to loot their weapons would destroy the whole tuning.

Have a nice week,
    best regards,
    Jenny

1.Is that highlight option permanent?i mean when you see loot its highlighted with white...
    2.in final version you will start with that crowbar cuz its kinda lame after those guys loot you, u start with a crowbar...(you had a crowbar under your suit or that berserkers plant u one to make fun of u )
    3.about inventory icons, thats final?because its kinda confusing seeing all those white/black icons?