Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by blizeo View Post
    Hi again, Jenny.

Are there like "factionless" and\or non-militaristic people?

I loved how in Gothic 1 there were people that were still deciding who to join (new recruits for the Brotherhood, the cave hermit).
    Gothic 2 just starts with Lobart telling he can't decide because both the King and Mercenaries were close and not the best guys. Later you find multiple farmers who have made a decision and suffer it knowingly.
    Multiple Risen 1 characters had this mindset as well which was sort of cool and realistic. Never played 2 and 3 yet. But those worlds don't quite require it from what I know.

On the other hand, looking at Elex trailers and gameplay videos, it feels like there are 4 different militaristic factions in ELEX and nothing in-between. Let's say, I don't want to recreate the world nature, don't want to consume elex as a drug, don't want to make robots, don't want to eliminate everyone and all. Is there a place for such an NPC in ELEX?
    Yes, of course there are also other NPCs. On the one hand there are more than 4 factions (But those 4 are the biggest) and on the other hand there will be also people, who live in the wilderness or in Abessa City and just try to survive or have other plans.

Kind regards,
    Jenny

Hey.

I've watched near every gameplay video of Elex... And I must say, with every video the game is looking more and more promising...

But two things bothers me...

First, evasion methods...

On some of videos I saw some sort of "backsteps"...
    You've implemented backstep system or I'm just wrong? Or on videos I just saw stunlocked player character?
    Hope You've implemented back/side steps, I prefer them instead those out of place rolling.

Second thing... Are You still working on enemies combat AI?
    From the videos they just looks too much dumb - they just stand and do nothing too much of the time. Or maybe difficulty settings will have impact on enemies AI?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PB Jenny View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, of course there are also other NPCs. On the one hand there are more than 4 factions (But those 4 are the biggest) and on the other hand there will be also people, who live in the wilderness or in Abessa City and just try to survive or have other plans.

Kind regards,
    Jenny
    That's fantastic.
    I just assembled my first Desktop PC solely for this game and going to preorder for the first time in my life.

Viel Glück

Hello!

1. Can you make combat animations more pleasant? Or is it too late?
    2. Can't you just get rid of this slide in melee combat? What the hell is this? O.o Does our hero has some kind of rollers under his shoes?... Don't think so.
    3. Will you change the animation of picking up things while holding the flare?
    4. Will you make picking up animation more pleasant? I mean the way our hero turns.
    5. In the 6th part of gameplay by Wriring Bull there is something strange. In the scene with Ray why does our hero used a sword-from-nowhere and not a simple knife? It strange because this sword disappeard after cutscene.
    6. Can you improve lips synchronization? Even in the newest gameplay there is a voice and later character starts moving his lips. It looks somehow ugly.
    7. Why is shadow moving by leaps (strange jumping) and not smoothly?

I love your games, I'm your fan since I remeber but... The way you make your games nowadays looks too old for me and many other people. Just take a look at games from the other devs. ELEX starts to look like a pile of junk in comparision to them... I'm sorry but that's the truth.

Hope the story will be good at least.
    Last edited by Chimalpopoca; 28-08-2017 at 09:42.

Extremely glad to see this game on GOG. I'm looking to buy the collector's edition but I have a lot of questions.

* Will the collector's edition have an option to redeem on GOG?

* How much variety will be in the following categories?

- Armor

- Melee

- Ranged

- Shields

* How in depth is the crafting system?

* Will we be able to climb big monsters and finish them off with melee weapons similar to Dragon's Dogma?

* Can you play neutrality? Complete the whole game without joining a faction.

* Can you complete the entire game, easter eggs, collectables and story without a jetpack?

* Can you stealth the entire game similar to Deus Ex? Without killing a single NPC?

* How long will the main campaign be?

Thank you so much. All the best on creating this game.
    Last edited by vidsgame; 25-08-2017 at 16:53. Reason: Adding questions and markers.

3440 x 1440 resolution

Will elex support 21x9 (3440 x 1440) screen resolution?
    If yes, can we see a screenshot?

1) I watch some of @Writing Bull preview videos and I notice that effect which blurry distance is missing, but we have it on RPC gameplay. So will that effect be in the final game?

2) When you start the game, terrain is pretty uneven and I like that. So, is your open world on flat ground or we have these rugged terrain?

3) Will you support game with patches and updates that will fix posible bugs after release the game?

4) Is 17 october fixed release date or it will be changed?

5) On PC we have this quick icons from 1 to 0, but can we hide them in options? I ask this because I always know what I have on that number. I dont need to look at it.

6) Will game in the end look like this, because its perfect now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgTvWbxCUk

7) What will change graphicly and generaly in this remaining time?
    Last edited by Dovahkiin; 01-08-2017 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    1) I watch some of @Writing Bull preview videos and I notice that effect which blurry distance is missing, but we have it on RPC gameplay. So will that effect be in the final game?
    Whichever you want. That effect (called Depth of Field) can be activated or deactivated by you via game options.

Hi

I have 2 questions

how do i buy the Collectors edition when i live in Norway?

Is it a Steam Code that you can use in the Collectors edition or just a CD?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razolpl View Post
    how do i buy the Collectors edition when i live in Norway?
    I do not know if there is a Norwegian retailer that will have it, sorry.
    You should be able to get it from amazon.de or another online shop, though. Norway is not part of the EU but is a member of the EEA so there should be no customs problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Razolpl View Post
    Is it a Steam Code that you can use in the Collectors edition or just a CD?
    DVDs + Steam Code.

I just saw this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeGhBI7Z8bs

From World of Elex, where they say that you won't be able to loot weapons from NPC's you've killed. Please tell me this isn't true...

Will NPC's have the stuff that they actually have on them as loot when/if you kill them?

new game +

Hi, will there be a new game + feature or something that won't force you to start from scratch if you want the explore a different path.
    Thanks.

Hello i dont know if this was asked by someone but
    1.Will the people react after you join a guild like in g1 :For gomez!

I know that you have a jetpack and that you can press interact to do a prescripted auto jump over fences and stuff like that, but;

Can you jump in the game? Like good old fashioned manually pressed jump without any interact context button, just like in Gothic?

Hello everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by squerol View Post
    Hey.

I've watched near every gameplay video of Elex... And I must say, with every video the game is looking more and more promising...

But two things bothers me...

First, evasion methods...

On some of videos I saw some sort of "backsteps"...
    You've implemented backstep system or I'm just wrong? Or on videos I just saw stunlocked player character?
    Hope You've implemented back/side steps, I prefer them instead those out of place rolling.

Second thing... Are You still working on enemies combat AI?
    From the videos they just looks too much dumb - they just stand and do nothing too much of the time. Or maybe difficulty settings will have impact on enemies AI?

Thanks.
    We worked (and work) at many things till the end (AI included). The evasion depends on your weapon. If you use a heavy weapon you cannot roll, just step.

Quote Originally Posted by blizeo View Post
    That's fantastic.
    I just assembled my first Desktop PC solely for this game and going to preorder for the first time in my life.

Viel Glück
    Hope you will have lots of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimalpopoca View Post
    Hello!

1. Can you make combat animations more pleasant? Or is it too late?
    2. Can't you just get rid of this slide in melee combat? What the hell is this? O.o Does our hero has some kind of rollers under his shoes?... Don't think so.
    3. Will you change the animation of picking up things while holding the flare?
    4. Will you make picking up animation more pleasant? I mean the way our hero turns.
    5. In the 6th part of gameplay by Wriring Bull there is something strange. In the scene with Ray why does our hero used a sword-from-nowhere and not a simple knife? It strange because this sword disappeard after cutscene.
    6. Can you improve lips synchronization? Even in the newest gameplay there is a voice and later character starts moving his lips. It looks somehow ugly.
    7. Why is shadow moving by leaps (strange jumping) and not smoothly?

I love your games, I'm your fan since I remeber but... The way you make your games nowadays looks too old for me and many other people. Just take a look at games from the other devs. ELEX starts to look like a pile of junk in comparision to them... I'm sorry but that's the truth.

Hope the story will be good at least.
    We're still polishing many parts of the game. (Like animations and lip sync) Hope you will like it in the end. Maybe you can have a look at the gameplay after release.

Quote Originally Posted by vidsgame View Post
    Extremely glad to see this game on GOG. I'm looking to buy the collector's edition but I have a lot of questions.

* Will the collector's edition have an option to redeem on GOG?

* How much variety will be in the following categories?

- Armor

- Melee

- Ranged

- Shields

* How in depth is the crafting system?

* Will we be able to climb big monsters and finish them off with melee weapons similar to Dragon's Dogma?

* Can you play neutrality? Complete the whole game without joining a faction.

* Can you complete the entire game, easter eggs, collectables and story without a jetpack?

* Can you stealth the entire game similar to Deus Ex? Without killing a single NPC?

* How long will the main campaign be?

Thank you so much. All the best on creating this game.
    1. As i know, all PC retail versions will need steam activation. (Maybe this is a question to THQ)
    2. You can find armor for your head, body and pants. You can find or buy "adventurer armor" and if you join a faction you can get parts of their armor. If you want to get stronger armor, you have to get an higher rank at your faction.
    3. There will be swords, axes, hammers, bows, crossbows, a firethrower, grenades, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, pumpguns, laserrifles, plasmaguns and more. Every faction has weapons, they prefer. You can enhance nearly every weapon. You can find and put gems into your weapons and depending on your faction, you can enchant or modify them or craft munition. There will also be different shields. To use a weapon, you need to fulfil the attribute requirements.
    4. Beside this you can find recipes and do alchemy or cooking and craft amuletts or rings, for example.
    5. No there will be no creatures to climb, but to defeat bigger creatures you can use the jetpack and learn a jetpack attack, for example.
    6. You have to join a faction at one point of the main story, but you can play neutral in matters of the moral system. You can decide to be more human (->emotional, warm) or more like a machine (->logic, rational, cold). Both can be good or bad and has got in impact to the story.
    7. No. You can decide to walk instead. But it is designed as an important part of the movement. Give it a try, you won't wanna miss it.
    8. No, you can decide to let many chars live, but some are like: "You or me".
    9. Not sure. The while Playtime will be between 40 and 90 hours, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ismarhadzia View Post
    Will elex support 21x9 (3440 x 1440) screen resolution?
    If yes, can we see a screenshot?
    Yes, we implemented 21:9, but we don't use those screens inhouse, so it is tested external and i do not have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post

2) When you start the game, terrain is pretty uneven and I like that. So, is your open world on flat ground or we have these rugged terrain?

3) Will you support game with patches and updates that will fix posible bugs after release the game?

4) Is 17 october fixed release date or it will be changed?

5) On PC we have this quick icons from 1 to 0, but can we hide them in options? I ask this because I always know what I have on that number. I dont need to look at it.

6) Will game in the end look like this, because its perfect now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgTvWbxCUk

7) What will change graphicly and generaly in this remaining time?
    1. Yes, this can be activated in the options.
    2. We have many uneven parts and many hills, mountains and objects, that depends to the level ground. Evewry part of the world is handmade, so it can change from country to country.
    3. If it's necessary, yes.
    4. October, th 17th is fix.
    5. Yes, you can deactivate nearly everything in the options.
    6. No, it will be better, we still polished a lot.
    7. We optimized and polished in every department. You can maybe have a look at the gameplay material near relaese.

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
    I just saw this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeGhBI7Z8bs

From World of Elex, where they say that you won't be able to loot weapons from NPC's you've killed. Please tell me this isn't true...

Will NPC's have the stuff that they actually have on them as loot when/if you kill them?
    Every NPC will have different things, that you can loot, but you cannot loot all their weapons. This would influence the tuning a lot, so it is more challenging and funnier not to get hundreds of different weapons. Besides this we have an endless inventory, so you can take everything with you and you should still be happy to find better stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by g3o View Post
    Hi, will there be a new game + feature or something that won't force you to start from scratch if you want the explore a different path.
    Thanks.
    No, there are many decisions, you can make right from the start, that influence your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont View Post
    Hello i dont know if this was asked by someone but
    1.Will the people react after you join a guild like in g1 :For gomez!
    Yes they will react or comment your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
    I know that you have a jetpack and that you can press interact to do a prescripted auto jump over fences and stuff like that, but;

Can you jump in the game? Like good old fashioned manually pressed jump without any interact context button, just like in Gothic?
    Yes, you can jump whereever you want.
    There is no context button, but there's a text that helps you to see, where an "edge" is high or low enough to climb, but you can jump everywhere. You can even choose to disable the text in the options.

Best regards,
    Jenny