Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Thread: game crashes

game crashes

hi, my game crashes after 1-2 hours. not only the game actually, my whole pc just freezes and only a manual restart helps.

wat do?

What are ur pc specs

AMD FX 8350
    RX 480
    8gb RAM

i can run the game smoothly with 60 fps on high, although im not sure how this matters

I have same setup but the rx 570 its seems that tha game engine its conflicting with video drivers somehow cuz i can run any game on highest without problems ..anyway try the newest drivers amd just released 17.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont View Post
    I have same setup but the rx 570 its seems that tha game engine its conflicting with video drivers somehow cuz i can run any game on highest without problems ..anyway try the newest drivers amd just released 17.10.3
    i'll try that and see what happens

the game does run fine just the crashes and freezes are a little annoying

still freezing at random intervals :/

Are drivers updated?
    Did you try with some other games?
    It can be also a temperature issue. This summer i experienced similar issue. I solved moving my pc a bit further from the wall cause air were not circulating.

Hello!

There are several reports of crashes with AMD cards in the german section of the forums.
    Most reports either have the game crash to desktop, or the screen go black with the game and sound continuing to run, but it usually doesn't seem to freeze the entire system.
    So far no one has found a definite solution.
    Some reported that it helped them to disable the autosave feature and delete the existing autosaves.
    Sometimes the crashes are linked to specific places in the game world and go away after avoiding said places for some time.
    Ultimately it seems something that PB has to fix on their side (or potentially AMD).

By the way, for me the 17.10.3 driver while running Elex did create dozens of Windows problem reports in the background until the system slowed to a crawl. I went back to 17.10.2 for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ElZoido View Post
    Hello!

There are several reports of crashes with AMD cards in the german section of the forums.
    Most reports either have the game crash to desktop, or the screen go black with the game and sound continuing to run, but it usually doesn't seem to freeze the entire system.
    So far no one has found a definite solution.
    Some reported that it helped them to disable the autosave feature and delete the existing autosaves.
    Sometimes the crashes are linked to specific places in the game world and go away after avoiding said places for some time.
    Ultimately it seems something that PB has to fix on their side (or potentially AMD).

By the way, for me the 17.10.3 driver while running Elex did create dozens of Windows problem reports in the background until the system slowed to a crawl. I went back to 17.10.2 for that reason.
    autosaves are what keeps me sane with the shitty balance this game has lol, but i could try that i suppose
    it almost always freezes my entire system, sometimes the game just crashes with some error (which i didnt screen yet)

disabling autosaves didnt do shit

Same problem here. Radeon Crimson 17.10.2 was stable most of the time, 17.10.3 crashed the game nearly immediately when weather effects were used. Going all the way back to 17.7.2 solved the problem for me, played for six hours yesterday without errors.

System Win10 Pro 64bit
    AMD R7 1800X with 32GB DDR4-2666
    PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Devil Golden Sample
    ASUS PRIME X370-PRO

That doesn't seem to help either, still having issues! As I read it only happens to Amd video 5xx users. Lol I've just spent over 600 euros for computer components and I cant play for more than 30 sec. I've been reading about the problem for the whole afternoon and I've tied every suggestion there is on the net about it, but nothing helps. I guess we'll have to wait for a official patch about the crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensun View Post
    That doesn't seem to help either, still having issues! As I read it only happens to Amd video 5xx users. Lol I've just spent over 600 euros for computer components and I cant play for more than 30 sec. I've been reading about the problem for the whole afternoon and I've tied every suggestion there is on the net about it, but nothing helps. I guess we'll have to wait for a official patch about the crashes.
    RX580 user here. Game crashes to black screen (with audio) within seconds of loading a save. Unplayable

I solved it, at least for my 570 AMD card. The issue was with the latest AMD Drivers. Going all the way down to 17.7.1 did the thing here. Playing for 3 days for like 2-3 hous a day with no crashes. The game is stable for now. So guys, dowgrade the drivers it really helps.
    Last edited by Greensun; 18-11-2017 at 21:13.