Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Game Breaking Bug, Missing Harley NPC

Hi I've been playing a GOG version of Elex for awhile and I'm Level 16 I think and completed Chapter I. I'm trying to make my base of operations at the town at the Center where you send all of your followers. I proved myself to both Jonesy and Eckard and now I'm supposed to talk to Harley but he is not there on the Plateau next to the broken cars. There is a yellow marker there and it had a little down arrow showing he's below me but that puts him underground. There's no way to go to a lower level there so he's stuck in the ground there somewhere. I've tried sleeping and going away and coming back several times and he seems to be a major NPC so I'm stuck in the game and can't progress. I've looked around an nobody has this problem but me. I've updated the game and still the same problem. I've seen videos of people completing the quest and he's just not standing where he should be. I really don't want to start all over. Is there a way to make Harley respawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Xwolven View Post
    Hi I've been playing a GOG version of Elex for awhile and I'm Level 16 I think and completed Chapter I. I'm trying to make my base of operations at the town at the Center where you send all of your followers. I proved myself to both Jonesy and Eckard and now I'm supposed to talk to Harley but he is not there on the Plateau next to the broken cars. There is a yellow marker there and it had a little down arrow showing he's below me but that puts him underground. There's no way to go to a lower level there so he's stuck in the ground there somewhere. I've tried sleeping and going away and coming back several times and he seems to be a major NPC so I'm stuck in the game and can't progress. I've looked around an nobody has this problem but me. I've updated the game and still the same problem. I've seen videos of people completing the quest and he's just not standing where he should be. I really don't want to start all over. Is there a way to make Harley respawn?
    Wow still no replies? Hopefully the next patch will check the important NPCs and respawn them. I reinstalled the game and still have the problem so I'm guessing it is stored in the save file. Looking at it with a text editor of my save, Harley is in there many times. What a terrible NPC to have bugged. If it was another faction I could avoid that faction mostly, but this guy seems central to the plot. I guess eventually I'll start over but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Restarted old Save at lv 10

Quote Originally Posted by Xwolven View Post
    Wow still no replies? Hopefully the next patch will check the important NPCs and respawn them. I reinstalled the game and still have the problem so I'm guessing it is stored in the save file. Looking at it with a text editor of my save, Harley is in there many times. What a terrible NPC to have bugged. If it was another faction I could avoid that faction mostly, but this guy seems central to the plot. I guess eventually I'll start over but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Well I found a reload at level 10 just before I went to Origin and I started over from there and went immediately to Origin and finding Harley there this time. I redid everything at Origin and made it my base now and gotten back to Lv 13 and so far everything seems ok. Maybe this time I won't join the berserker faction =) Keep lots of your old saves in case you get a bug like this =)