Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Similar Games

Zelda BoTW really has that Gothic and ELEX feeling. Pretty sure some inspiration in ELEX came from BoTW.. The graphical style is ofcourse very different but the mix of fantasy and sci-fi and a big focus on vertical exploring in an open world is there.

Ultima 7 (the game that inspired Gothic series)

Divine Divinity (Ultima 7 inspired, too bad this company didn't continue to be inspired by these wonderful games)
    Last edited by vurt; 02-11-2017 at 13:41.

The opener stated, that Two worlds was not good in every aspect.

While i have to agree to the most part, there is one thing, that 2W2 really made inovative and great: the magic system. With it's stackable cards and sheer endless possible combinations and effects it was really fun to play a mage. Swarm enemys with strong and diverse summons? no problem. Throw a fireball that explodes into ice bolts on impact? if you want that.

Really it was sheer endless and i had hours of fun by just finding out what's possible.

MIGHT and MAGIC Series, 6,7,8,9,10! (it΄s with a group, like Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter nights, but playing like a first person game)
    Really old but some of the best one that time, together with Black eye.
    Underworld 1+2
    Really really old,.....like me ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Walker View Post
    The opener stated, that Two worlds was not good in every aspect.

While i have to agree to the most part, there is one thing, that 2W2 really made inovative and great: the magic system. With it's stackable cards and sheer endless possible combinations and effects it was really fun to play a mage. Swarm enemys with strong and diverse summons? no problem. Throw a fireball that explodes into ice bolts on impact? if you want that.

Really it was sheer endless and i had hours of fun by just finding out what's possible.
    In my opinion TwoWorlds2 is one of the most underrated RPGs of all times.
    The game is technically brilliant - even modern games dream of performance and loading times like Reality Pump achieved. The graphics were outstanding for its time and they had the best dialog tech in any RGP (cinematic camera and you can move around while the dialog is happening).
    Game mechanics are always a matter of taste, but this game at least had it all.

Melee, ranged, magic that you can customize, free character development, locks, chests, puzzles, an open world to explore.. etc etc. The only thing that sucked in a major way was the UI, but lets be frank - even AAA studios dont get 2D art right (except blizzard maybe).

I gave TheWitcher3 many tries, but never got motivated enough to play beyond the 10h mark - the whole game just oozes desperation (music, setting, characters - everything is sad and fucked up. not very inviting.)
    In TwoWorlds2 on the other hand (much like ELEX) 10h went by so fast i didnt even notice. (and they dont need a collectable card game....shocker)
    Last edited by Roderik; 12-11-2017 at 17:37.