Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Game breaking bug

Hi! Ι got a game-breaking bug after about 25 hours of playing the game. Everything was working fine until then.
    Suddenly all characters are invisible, I can't move, can't access the mission screen, map, character screen etc.
    I can only slightly move the camera up and down. The graphics are broken and appear like they are loading.
    It is not a corrupt savegame issue as it does it with all 30 of my savegames.
    It also does it if I start a new game. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, even deleted all save files but still the same thing.
    Like the game refuses to play suddenly. It happened in chapter 2 when I go to speak to the old elexetor.
    Please, any suggestions are welcome. I really want to finish this game.
    Thanks!

Edit: I have installed the patches, the version is 1.0.2846.0

Figured it out, leaving the post in case someone comes across the same issue. It turns out the graphics settings changed for some reason and some were put to low, others in ultra. SMAA was left on, anisotropic filtering left at 16x and all texture options were set at low. I guess those settings contradicted each other and caused the problem. So if it happens to you play with the graphics settings

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Figured it out, leaving the post in case someone comes across the same issue. It turns out the graphics settings changed for some reason and some were put to low, others in ultra. SMAA was left on, anisotropic filtering left at 16x and all texture options were set at low. I guess those settings contradicted each other and caused the problem. So if it happens to you play with the graphics settings
    THANK YOU! Was having the exact problem today with my game. It happened after almost 11 hours, no issues up until this point. I save the game, close it down, but decide that I would like to play just a little longer - but that was not possible, and I was unable to find any solutions until i worded my google searches correctly and found yours.

I had not fiddled with the graphical settings since I started playing the game, so I don't know why it suddenly happened, but it was just as you said, the graphic settings was a mess. Really strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Seems to happen when the new NVidia drivers are installed. If you're autoupdating them you may not even notice the update took place. We are working with Nvidia to find out what's happening there. But indeed, changing the graphic options helps.

My case

Let me try to add some of my experience to the description of bug:

The character you play (Jax) isnt visible right after loading.
    Thextures are rapidly flickering on most surfaces from blurry to sharp
    After some attempts to move around -> Jax appears but the flickering glitches wont stop
    I even unistalled and reinstalled (Steam) and the problem was still present

MY Grpahics / Video settings were unchanged....

HOWEVER: resetting all video / graphics settings to default solved it for me. Messing with settings and changing them randomly did not help for me.

Hope I could spare some reinstall times for players that hit this wall.