Follow @NordicGamesAT Follow
Close

Is there going to be another patch for this game?

Just wondering if there is going to be another patch for this game?

Yes. Shortly.

Pls. do not ask me for an exact date (not entirely in our hands) or exact content (I don't know yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rüve View Post
    Yes. Shortly.

Pls. do not ask me for an exact date (not entirely in our hands) or exact content (I don't know yet).
    Great thanks for the info. now we can stop asking or worrying
    I guess you're not a dev otherwise you would at least know the content
    Last edited by kiario; 06-12-2017 at 18:36.

Yes. Shortly.

So there's nowhere to look for what's being worked on? I've shelved the game because you've hardlocked E as a menu key, and that's my preferred key for forward movement. I'm not looking to install 3rd party software to deal with it either. It's so pre-2000 to lockup key customization don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Budakhan View Post
    So there's nowhere to look for what's being worked on? I've shelved the game because you've hardlocked E as a menu key, and that's my preferred key for forward movement. I'm not looking to install 3rd party software to deal with it either. It's so pre-2000 to lockup key customization don't you think?
    I... wait, seriously? You refuse to try a different control scheme to the extent of not playing a game? I don't think that's a development issue with the game, as much as it's a development issue with your personality. Try turning your 'stubborn' setting down about 50%.

Yes. Shortly.

Sir, "shortly" does not mean 8 days or more.
    Why is it not in your hands, an experimental update on steam is no one elses decision than yours?

Thanks,

BR Anders

Quote Originally Posted by kiario View Post
    Sir, "shortly" does not mean 8 days or more.
    Why is it not in your hands, an experimental update on steam is no one elses decision than yours?

Thanks,

BR Anders
    Well, this is bananas. According to Double Fine's Tim Schafer, the cost of getting a patch up on a modern console (presumably he means the Xbox 360 and/or PS3) is $40,000.

That's not to upload downloadable content. That's just for a patch.

"Those systems as great as they are, they're still closed", Schafer told Hookshot. "You have to jump through a lot of hoops, even for important stuff like patching and supporting your game. Those are things we really want to do, but we can't do it on these systems. I mean, it costs $40,000 to put up a patch – we can't afford that! Open systems like Steam, that allow us to set our own prices, that's where it's at, and doing it completely alone like Minecraft. That's where people are going."

https://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-c...a-console-game

Quote Originally Posted by hoytridge View Post
    Well, this is bananas. According to Double Fine's Tim Schafer, the cost of getting a patch up on a modern console (presumably he means the Xbox 360 and/or PS3) is $40,000.

That's not to upload downloadable content. That's just for a patch.

"Those systems as great as they are, they're still closed", Schafer told Hookshot. "You have to jump through a lot of hoops, even for important stuff like patching and supporting your game. Those are things we really want to do, but we can't do it on these systems. I mean, it costs $40,000 to put up a patch – we can't afford that! Open systems like Steam, that allow us to set our own prices, that's where it's at, and doing it completely alone like Minecraft. That's where people are going."

https://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-c...a-console-game
    Well, if a Company like PB release a game to the masses its their damn responsibility to the customers at least to communicate what is going on. And also to release fixes and if possible improvements to their Products. That is of course if they want to maintain a somewhat respectable fan base.
    But as it looks now when a PB employee says shortly 9 Days ago and then not a f"""" Word why it comes out as a lie at this time is really disappointing. Thats not how you run a business...well if into the grave then its the way for sure...

Well, if a Company like PB release a game to the masses its their damn responsibility to the customers at least to communicate what is going on. And also to release fixes and if possible improvements to their Products. That is of course if they want to maintain a somewhat respectable fan base.
    But as it looks now when a PB employee says shortly 9 Days ago and then not a f"""" Word why it comes out as a lie at this time is really disappointing. Thats not how you run a business...well if into the grave then its the way for sure...
    You should really calm down. And maybe learn to read licenses. Software is always delivered "as is", unless you buy professional software with extended support. It is not like they obligation to players to keep patching game. Some years ago there was no patching after game release and it wasn't that bad, believe me.

Elex is running just fine. There are no critical bugs, in ~80h of playing I didn't met with a bug that would affect my gameplay. The only bug that is repeating is lighting bug, it is not really big deal. Of course, some people encounters even gamebreaking bugs, but judging by number of them we can clearly say those are bugs almost impossible to recreate, so almost impossible to patch.

Anyway, i don't see a problem with PB not speaking a lot on forum Elex. Developing game is their job, so i would rather see them working, not reading forum It is nice if they find time for participating in conversation, but do not expect it. The larges companies usually employ people to contact with fans, but PB and THQ Nordic aren't even close to be that big, so they would need to dedicate their free time to speak on forum. I bet that answering questions like "will there be a patch?" for 20 times isn't exactly what they want to do in their free time. Especially when someone like you start cursing.

Take a chill pill. Don't you have other things to do?

Quote Originally Posted by xenonisbad View Post
    You should really calm down. And maybe learn to read licenses. Software is always delivered "as is", unless you buy professional software with extended support. It is not like they obligation to players to keep patching game. Some years ago there was no patching after game release and it wasn't that bad, believe me.

Elex is running just fine. There are no critical bugs, in ~80h of playing I didn't met with a bug that would affect my gameplay. The only bug that is repeating is lighting bug, it is not really big deal. Of course, some people encounters even gamebreaking bugs, but judging by number of them we can clearly say those are bugs almost impossible to recreate, so almost impossible to patch.

Anyway, i don't see a problem with PB not speaking a lot on forum Elex. Developing game is their job, so i would rather see them working, not reading forum It is nice if they find time for participating in conversation, but do not expect it. The larges companies usually employ people to contact with fans, but PB and THQ Nordic aren't even close to be that big, so they would need to dedicate their free time to speak on forum. I bet that answering questions like "will there be a patch?" for 20 times isn't exactly what they want to do in their free time. Especially when someone like you start cursing.
    I am calm, just a little upset Licenses, well yeah thats one thing. But if you want to have happy and faithful customers then you really have to have a good relationship with them. There are many examples in this industry where keeping silent and not communicating hurts the company. Games in the past were not on the same level as today regarding advancement and complication so you cant compare really. I am 50 and been gaming since 1982 on the Texas TI99-4A so i have been around some while

Regarding Elex, there are quite a large amount of things not working as suppes. I.e hit box bug, missing healing roots to make tough guy chem, two-handed axe no hit detection bug, poisoness aura bug, aspect of warrior bug. Last two are not working at all as it is said in description. Infinity knockdown bug in flamethrower. And many more.

Its simply not as fun to play a game with so many things not working as they should. Just the fact that I gave PB my hard earned cash on this game and then it is filled with these issues is not fun.

I agree, there are not any critical issues that I have discovered as you say but all these small things makes it frustrating. Imaginge buying a BMW or Volvo, because I am Swedish with a lot of small things that are annoying you, like knirking panels, rattling. Poor response in buttons and some working intermittently. You will feel frustrated with the car and perhaps not buy the same brand again because you are disappointed in the overall quality. And when you try to talk to the workshop they dont answer or they dont have time. And when you visit they say that you have to come back in a week.

Its the same with Elex, lots of small things that need adressing. Communication is the key to understanding